THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. Please do not apply if you have over 2 years experience.
SmartBiz is revolutionizing small business lending, leveraging a powerful technology platform to provide quick, affordable SBA loans to small businesses across America. With fast funding, long-term loans and the lowest interest rates in the industry, SmartBiz is the leading online marketplace for SBA loans.
As a Jr. Partner Representative, you will be an integral part of our growing Business Development team. You will engage and grow SmartBiz’s most valuable partner relationships and source of referrals. Regular interaction with these partners include providing updates and trainings, answering questions, and developing relationships that ultimately win repeat business. A successful Jr. Partner Representative is a source of guidance for our large and ever-growing partner channels, and is integral in working cross-functionally with the Lending Operations, Business Intelligence, and Product Development teams.
You will have a chance to work within a dynamic, supportive and social environment with a team that takes pride in helping our small business customers, but isn’t too busy to socialize and have fun together. You will receive fantastic exposure to the Fintech industry, and a limitless opportunity for upward mobility within our organization. SmartBiz is the future of SBA lending, and we hope you will join our team on this exciting journey.
- Growth and Support: Increasing the number of applications from our partner channels
- Regular update calls and performance trend analyses with partners
- Outbound calls to existing partners
- Account management: create and maintain partner relations
- Partner support: both technical support and relationship management
- Manage communication between partners and SmartBiz Lending Operations
- Creating and conducting webinars for partners and internal teams
- Learn the basics of financial statements and credit information
- Work cross-functionally to create and better internal processes
- Triage new issues, projects and processes as they arise and as the SmartBiz marketplace and application evolves
- Live our culture of support, fun, humor and excitement
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least one year of sales, customer support or consultative experience with a proven ability to develop rapport quickly on the phone
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- You have a strong sense of urgency and desire to commit to great work
- Great organization skills and experience creating your own processes to manage your tasks
- You have an ability to grasp complex ideas and explain to others in simple terms
- Ability to work well within a small team and cross-functionallyA passion for learning, growing and finding creative solutions to tough problems
- Enthusiasm for finance and FinTech industry
- Competitive salary and incentive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with 100% company-paid premium
- Tri-weekly catering, as well as unlimited snacks, coffee and espresso
- Employee stock option program
- Downtown office in San Francisco’s financial district, walking distance to Bart and Muni
- MacBook Air assigned to you on day one
- Happy hours, off-sites, and other team activities
- The best lending product in the industry